Friday, February 27, 2009

live forever

there was panic in your eyes
i watched the cigarettes burn through
all my thoughts were paralyzed
the starlight a gloomy blue

there was an urgent quiet call
an ultimatum for my choice
i heard every single sound
distinguishing your perfect voice

& have you
ever
wished you would live forever?
yes, i have
i have
because in that
moment
we were both together
but now
you're gone, somehow

the lights turned from red to green
i raced home to just be late
spitting lies out through my teeth
my conscience gone in outer space

i know at night it's hard to try
paving roads that don't exist
but if you hear the tears i cry
you'll find exactly what you missed

& have you
ever
dreamed you would live forever
yes, i have
i have
but now i
realize
it was just so we'd be together
but now
you're gone, somehow

so take your life
and waste it somewhere else
and call it quits
cause i can't pretend
that we're still friends
when the past just paints
our bitter end
again

but have you
ever
wished you would live forever?
long before,
you came breaking down my door...





1 comment:

But I'm known as Spattz! said...

2nd chapter of "Spattz" is up = )